11 Baldwin Road • Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
617-699-4877 • email@example.com • http://www.philpott.org
Accomplished project management professional (PMP) with over 20 years experience including hardware and software product development through new product introduction combining strong technical and analytical skills with proven leadership, management, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
|Leadership and management of complex projects and programs||Earned Value Management and various Phase-Gate Lifecycle Methodologies|
|Total Quality Management and driving process improvement||Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery Planning and Risk Management|
Teradyne Inc., North Reading, MA, 2002-2015
Senior Project and Program Manager (2002-2015)
- Senior manager of a portfolio of semiconductor test division projects, leading multiple small (3-person) to large (130-person) teams, with development costs from $1.3M to +$50M, including UltraWave 12G, a next-generation microwave instrument project nominated by Test & Measurement World for the 2009 Best in Test award. Consistently delivered quality products, on-time, and on-budget using Earned Value Management techniques and CMMI Level 3 development methodology.
- Lead 6 simultaneous projects from product roadmap and concept to new product introduction with budgets ranging from $1.3M to $14M. Projects completed at or below budget, on time or within weeks of plan completed 12-24 months in advance driving over $100M in 2013 revenue.
- Managed and delivered on-time and under-budget a global Active Directory infrastructure for 6000 users in 50 resource domains in 15 countries. Utilized best-practice strategies for domain upgrades and consolidation, group policy management, and security standards. Portfolio managed $10M of IT Infrastructure.
- Certified Total Quality Management trainer in Project Assessment, New Product Development methodology, and Structured Problem Solving.
Genuity Inc., Woburn, MA, 1997-2001
Senior Manager, Information Technology (1997-2001)
Managed a wide range of IT projects for a highly mobile workforce of 5000 users in 25 domestic and 10 international locations.
- Managed desktop infrastructure including hardware and software. Reduced Total Cost of Ownership by 15% in 2001 through the strong management of standards, PC lifecycles, vendors, and software configurations.
- Led the development of web-based asset management system from requirements through implementation using JAD/RAD techniques to deliver tool 2 weeks early.
- Developed and managed the “Fast Start” program reducing new hire provisioning for IT services and technology from an average of 45 days to less than five. Process and technology (Vantive) improvements saved Genuity over $400K annually in reduced idle time. Received the GTE Chairman’s Team Leadership Award for the program.
Apple Computer, Inc., Cupertino, CA, 1991-1997
Senior Program Manager, Engineering Quality Systems (1994-1997)
Managed staff of 31 with a budget of $7M responsible for software development information systems including software and hardware defect management, global project tracking, test case and software configuration management.
- Drove from concept to implementation “RadarWeb,” a web-based bug reporting system for 3rd party developers to report and track product defects.
- Developed the Project Management Dashboard which provided executives and senior managers with real-time visibility to key product development issues. System prevented delays that previously cost $1M/week in revenue.
Technical Support Operations Manager, Apple Worldwide Sales (1991-1994)
Managed a staff of 8 engineers providing worldwide, top-tier technical support on hardware products for Field Sales and strategic customers. Responsible for developing business plans, budgets, service operations, and test lab.
- Project managed from concept to delivery a highly successful on-line customer request and product issue information tracking system built on Sybase and integrated with the Vantive call tracking system. System improved efficiency 20%, and was a key component in the customer-to-engineering quality loop.
NeXT Computer, Inc., Redwood City, CA, 1988-1990
Field Services Manager (1988-1990)
Managed staff of 4 and a budget of $2M for the development and operation of field service infrastructure in 100 locations.
- Product managed development and introduction of hardware diagnostics for service technicians. Diagnostics reduced NTF rates on returns by 25%.
- Developed and managed all parts services and service products including tool kits, documentation, and training.
Northeastern University, Professional and Continuing Education, Boston, MA
Certificate, Internal Consulting
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
BA, Government, 1985
Member, Project Management Institute,
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) since 2008.
Photographer, Reagle Music Theatre of Greater Boston
President, Alumni Board, Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, Dartmouth College